These road works will have a definite impact upon Dorchester residents although, hopefully, the planned mitigation measures specified by OCC in the following emails will mean that it is minor rather than a serious problem.
- All through traffic will be diverted from further south at the Shillingford Roundabout to follow the A329 which is the recognised diversion route.
- There will be additional signage at the Shillingford roundabout informing traffic that there is a prohibition on LGV/HGV traffic through Dorchester.
- Signs will also state to follow the signed diversion and NOT the vehicle’s Sat Nav’s.
- Signs will be erected at the Shillingford roundabout stating “Road Ahead Closed”.
- There will be a manned hard closure point at the Henley Road turn leading into Dorchester, with the gatemen at this location turning around any traffic attempting to use this as an alternative route.
- Access will only be permitted for local traffic and residents of Dorchester.
- The main diversion and HGV signage along with “Road Closed Ahead” signage will be back at Clifton Hampden so through traffic is diverted from further back.
- Manned hard closure point will be at the Abingdon Rd turn into Burcot, with gateman turning around all traffic apart from local access/residents.
TRAFFIC REGULATION NOTICE
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984
Notice is hereby given pursuant to Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act, 1984, that the Oxfordshire County Council
TEMPORARILY PROHIBITS THE USE OF AND WAITING ON THE HIGHWAY
BY ALL MOTOR VEHICLES
LOCATION: Berinsfield. A415 / A4074 Berinsfield Rbt
REASON: To facilitate carriageway resurfacing and the subsequent reinstatement of all lining and road markings.
DURATION: Starting on 28 June 2021
The anticipated completion date is 06 July 2021. (date included). The road will be closed for a maximum period of 5 nights within this period.
(Traffic Regulation Notices cover a maximum of 5 consecutive days.)
ACCESS: Limited access will be maintained for emergency service vehicles and for frontages within the closed section of road, subject to the progress of the works
The “No Waiting” restriction means that wherever there are in place yellow “No Waiting” cones, you will not be able to park vehicles on the highway.
SUGGESTED ALTERNATIVE ROUTE:via Southbound traffic A4074, B4015, B480, A329, A4074 and vice versa or A415, B4015, and vice versa.
Jason Russell, Corporate Director – Communities
Date: 11 March 2021
Posted on May 20, 2021 in Events in and around Dorchester