The March Parish Council Minutes are now online, and can be accessed from https://www.dorchester-on-thames.co.uk/parish-council/council-minutes/
Some topics covered:
- Speedwatch committee plans and suggestions around flashing speed warning signs and a 20mph speed limit.
- Request for resurfacing of Cheyney Lane and fixing the left bollard at Abingdon Road junction have been posted on FixMyStreet
- The Council’s arboricultural adviser, Sarah Venners, hopes to inspect the horse chestnut tree near the electricity pylon adjacent to property on Martins Lane. She will be reviewing what further work is needed following the removal of ivy last Autumn.
- It was agreed that Dorchester News should be used to promote the improvements to the children’s play area that arise from the expenditure with S.J.Aplin Playgrounds Limited.
- Waterloo war memorial: An Inspector has been appointed to examine the Council’s complaint about land being fenced in without planning permission being applied for
- Dorchester fireworks confirmed for Saturda 2nd November
- The members of Wallingford Green Gym will be visiting the village soon and it was suggested that they should concentrate their efforts along the Cemetery path including the area to the right of the Cemetery access towards Herringcote
- The ‘Adopt a Grave’ programme continues to receive publicity in Dorchester News. It was suggested that more trees should be removed from the central area and this will be reviewed